- ◄If I place an order today, when will I receive it?
- This is BY FAR the most common email/chat/phone call inquiry that we receive.
The short answer is that orders that do not require any engraving/personalization will normally ship within 1-2 business days, while orders that require engraving of any sort will typically ship within 2-3 business days, which the exception of survival kits and growler kits which normally ship in 5-7 business days. HOWEVER, we do offer "RUSH" processing as an upgrade during the checkout process. Once you add a product(s) to your cart, you'll see a red icon offering you the option to pay an additional fee for "head of the line" privileges. This option means that we'll ship your order THAT SAME DAY as long as you order by noon PST on a weekday, and we'll ship it NLT the next business day if you order after 12pm PST or on a weekend. Keep in mind that RUSH only applies to our processing time and that transit time will depend on the shipping method you choose at checkout.
The longer answer: it depends a bit on what you order, where you're located, what shipping method you choose, and how busy we are with other orders during that particular week. Some products take longer for us to prep (i.e. the Survival Kits) because of the time involved in engraving all the parts. Occasionally we may have a few extra days of lag time while waiting for a batch of a particular color of bottle opener or ammo can to get back from the powder-coating shop, but that's pretty rare and we'll contact you if we think it'll be an issue.
As we said above, orders that require engraving or customization will usually ship within 2-3 business days. Since we don't stockpile any standard engraved products (i.e. our American flag or USMC bottle openers without customization) nearly everything that has text or a logo on it is made to order. So that means your order goes into the queue with every other pending website order (and wholesale order) that we've received, and we typically burn through orders in batches — meaning that we may spend all morning engraving brass .50 caliber bottle openers on one laser while we do customized gift boxes on the other, then in the afternoon we'll engrave shot glasses on one while we engrave black .50 caliber groomsman sets on the other, and so forth. So it's possible that we could engrave and ship your order within an hour of you placing it if you're lucky, but if you order an unusual or unique product (or if it's a busy time of year like the holiday season) then it may be closer to the 3 day mark before we get to it.
Keep in mind that if we have to contact you to clarify engraving instructions or correct a shipping address (or anything along those lines) then production time will likely be extended by a day or two. Then you have to factor in transit time from our warehouse in Texas.
If you live in Texas, then our free First Class shipping option will only take a day or two. But if you live in rural Maine, you may be looking at 4-5 business days via First Class mail. Priority Mail will generally be 2-3 days anywhere in the US, and we also offer UPS Next Day Air and 2-Day Air shipping which are 1 and 2 business days to any US location, respectively. International shipping is harder to judge because it's subject to the whims of duties and customs, so you'll need to assume 10-14 days transit time for any international orders other than Canada which generally runs pretty smoothly. If you have a hard deadline ahead of you, call us at 512.852.8208 and we'll let you know whether we'll be able to meet it.
- ◄What are your shipping rates?
- We offer free shipping in the US for all orders, and upgrading to Priority Mail costs only $5.99. International shipping rates vary based on destination country and your order's weight.
We also offer UPS 2-Day Air and UPS Next Day Air shipping within the US, with shipping rates varying based on the weight of your order. Keep in mind that UPS generally does not deliver to residential addresses on weekends.
If you're in Round Rock, Texas, you can choose in-store pickup as your shipping option at checkout and we will contact you when your order is ready.
- ◄Do you offer a military/LEO/FF discount?
- We do not, for a few reasons. First, we don't have a reliable method (or the time) to verify whether a potential customer is active, reserve, retired, or a veteran, so there would be no sure-fire way for us to prevent people from taking advantage of us. Second, roughly 75% of our customers have some sort of military/LEO/FF affiliation, so if we were to offer a 10% military discount we'd basically have to raise all our prices 10% across the board. Instead we've elected to keep our prices as reasonable as possible upfront.
- ◄How do I customize my products?
- First, we STRONGLY recommend using Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari rather than Internet Explorer — IE doesn't allow for many of our on-screen preview functionalities.
If you skip ahead to the 4:40 mark on the below video you can see a demo of how to customize your order: https://youtu.be/AkBc42pvpcw?t=4m39s
- ◄How do I enter my customization details?
- Each product listing is slightly different in terms of engraving options — some like our individual bottle openers, Six Shooter Shot Glasses, and groomsman sets allow you to see the engraving that you enter as it will actually appear on the product, with spacing, line breaks, and font appearing exactly as they will on your product(s). For best results, use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari for your browser -- many of our personalization features are not compatible with Internet Explorer. For products with the on-screen preview capabilities you can check out the video at this link for some ideas: http://blog.bullets2bandages.org/what-to-engrave-on-your-groomsmen-gifts
Some products have larger text boxes for you to enter multiple lines of text -- those are primarily our older product listings that we've kept for people using Internet Explorer. Then for products like the Survival Kit we have several boxes for entering instructions.
For instance, if you're ordering a set of bottle openers for your groomsmen from one of the older listings you could type something like this:
Father of the Bride
And so on...
We'll be able to figure out where #1 ends and #2 begins, and we'll center the lines so they look good. Just use line breaks to make it clear how you want things split into 1 or 2 or 3 lines, and put an extra blank line between each one. Bottom line...if we are not 100% sure about what you want, we'll contact you to clarify.
- ◄Are your bottle openers made in America?
- Our .50 Caliber Bottle Openers, 20mm Bottle Openers, and 7.62mm Keychain Bottle Openers are 100% made and sourced in America. With a few minor exceptions, all the manufacturing, customization, and packaging processes occur either in our Round Rock, Texas office or within a 10 mile radius of it.
- ◄Is Groomsmen Central a veteran-owned business?
- Yes, we are 100% veteran-owned and operated. Our two co-founders were former Navy EOD officers and our third co-owner is a former USMC infantry officer.
- ◄Do you have a storefront I can visit to purchase your products?
- You're welcome to visit us at our Round Rock, Texas office but it's primarily a production and fulfillment facility as opposed to being a retail shop. Since nearly all of our products are made-to-order we aren't really set up for walk-in customers. It's much more convenient for us — and for you in terms of entering customization details — if you place your order through our website rather than in person or over the phone. If you're local you can choose in-store pickup when placing your order if you prefer to come get it rather than having it shipped.
- ◄Is it safe to travel with your products?
- While our bottle openers, keychains, and tap handles have dented primers and contain no propellant, we strongly recommend that you do NOT carry them on your person or in a carry-on bag for domestic flights and that you do NOT carry them AT ALL (even in a checked bag) for international flights. Despite the large notches cut into our bottle openers and the fact that they're clearly not live ammunition, TSA agents tend to get antsy when they see our products in carry-on luggage and international customs agents really do not like them.
It's also a good idea to not carry our products into schools, churches, or any other settings that would not be appropriate for ammunition or firearm-related products.
- ◄Do you offer wholesale rates or bulk discounts?
- Yes, please contact us at email@example.com for wholesale pricing inquiries.
- ◄What are your shipping and return policies?
- You can read more about them here: https://store.groomsmencentral.com/pages/shipping-returns
Short answer — we accept returns/exchanges (minus return shipping costs) for any non-customized product still in a condition that we could resell it. We do NOT offer refunds/exchanges for engraving mistakes made by customers, so please double-check your names/dates/etc. for typos before submitting your order. However if we make a mistake on engraving, ship the wrong product, etc. we will offer a replacement or refund.
- ◄What do you mean by "affiliate links" and why do you use them?
- Simply put, an affiliate link on our website will take you to a third-party website from which we may earn a commission on any orders you place there.
Any commission we earn comes at no cost to you — you'll pay the same price by clicking through our link that you would pay if you'd found the other website via a Google search or Facebook ad.
We have affiliate partnerships with selected brands for a few reasons. Typically, it's because unit prices or shipping costs prevent us from buying their products on a wholesale basis. If a brand has large order minimums and we would not be able to sell them at a reasonable margin, then we'd prefer to have you buy from them.
In many cases, there is no feasible way for us to bring a new product line on board without overwhelming ourselves with dozens of new SKUs — particularly if the product comes in multiples sizes or colors. So it just makes things easier for everything if you order straight from the brand.
Other brands love having affiliates like us because it expands their reach and allows them to sell products to more people. And it generally does so cheaper than other marketing methods — the commission they pay to affiliates tends to be far lower than what they'd have to pay in customer acquisition costs through Facebook, Google, or print ads.
Should you have any questions about returns or exchanges from a third-party website, please take it up with them as we do not have any insight into their order information.
If you have a bad experience with one of our affiliate partners, please let us know — we want to ensure that we're only recommending the best products and services to our customers.
If you have any products you'd like to feature through our site on an affiliate basis, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss details.